Workshop: How to write and publish your scholarly paper
21-23 March 2016, New Bulgarian University, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Introduction to academic communication and the editorial process
- Professional associations and online resources for scientific writing
- Ethical issues in academic writing
- Selecting the right journal; structure of articles in different disciplines
- Editorial revisions and peer reviews
- Hands-on sessions with real articles, including articles written by participants
- Role-play exercises with participants acting as authors, editors and peer reviewers
- Advice on style and language by a native speaker of British English with rich experience in translation from Russian and Bulgarian to English
Speakers and Facilitators
PAOLA DE CASTRO, ISTITUTO SUPERIORE DI SANITÀ (ITALY)
Paola de Castro has many years of experience in editorial activities at the National Institute of Health, Italy. She is currently the Head of the Publishing Unit and member of the editorial committees of its publications and other international journals. Paola is an EASE Council member and is responsible for EASE Training and Certification. She promotes and carries out projects on training in scientific writing and communication strategies in public health in various countries.
EVA BARANYIOVÁ, CZECH UNIVERSITY OF LIFE SCIENCES (CZECH REPUBLIC)
Eva Baranyiová is Professor in the Department of Animal Science and Food Processing in Tropics and Subtropics, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague and Research Associate at the Veterinary Research Institute in Brno. Eva is the Editor in Chief of two scientific journals. She has been a member of EASE since 1991 and a member of the EASE Council since 2006. She was EASE Vice-President in 2012-2015.
BORIS NAIMUSHIN, NEW BULGARIAN UNIVERSITY (BULGARIA)
Dr Boris Naimushin is Associate Professor of Translation and Interpreting, English Studies Department, New Bulgarian University. Boris is the Editor in Chief of English Studies at NBU (ESNBU), an open access, peer-reviewed scholarly journal published by the Department. He is also a member of EASE.
STANISLAV BOGDANOV, NEW BULGARIAN UNIVERSITY (BULGARIA)
Dr Stan Bogdanov is Senior Assistant Professor in English, English Studies Department, New Bulgarian University and the Managing Editor of English Studies at NBU.
DAVID MOSSOP, NEW BULGARIAN UNIVERSITY (BULGARIA)
Dr David Mossop is a Sofia-based freelance translator, interpreter and language editor. He is also a lecturer in English at New Bulgarian University.
Follow this link for more information